Outfit Details tomorrow…
Buy one instead:
D.I.Y. Lucite Perfume Clutch
So I met fellow blogger Aimee at an event and I went to check out her blog and she had a rad and super simple Lucite Clutch DIY, and I’ve been dreaming about it ever since… So, I knew I had to make it for NY Fashion Week but when I went to Home Depot to get the supplies, they didn’t have the latch I needed. I brainstormed and came up with a magnet clasp, but then realized I would need something to cover them as they’d look a little ugly if I just let them show. I browsed the other DIY’s Aimee listed looking for inspiration and finally decided to go a little bit of a different route and use a perfume lid, since the Perfume Clutch is going crazy right now, it seemed fitting to combine the two.. I loved the simplicity of Honestly WTF’s DIY and that the clutch already came complete and it’s super easy to just add a perfume lid and a label and voila! I also just found this Perfume Clutch DIY in which she creates a custom Chanel label and even provides the template, check that out if you don’t like my little crystal embellished label. Anyway, on to the instructions..
1. Gather your materials:
– Super Magnets
– Two Lucite Trays
– Perfume bottle Lid – mine is from Badgley Mischka, I made another clutch like this for Laura using a lid from Provocative.
2. & 3. Use the E6000 to glue on the hinges about an inch to and inch and a half in from the outer edges. Let dry for at least an hour. (You’ll need to let the entire finished product dry for 24hours but an hour will allow you to move on to the next step)
4. Glue a single magnet to the middle inside of one side of the clutch just on the edge- it will need to stick out a tiny bit from the edge. Let dry for at least an hour.
5. Line up another magnet make sure it is pulling not pushing, if it’s pushing, flip it upside down and try it again. Apply glue to the side that will adhere to the clutch and stick it back to the magnet that is already adhered.. close and open the clutch to mark where the second magnet will stick.
6. Pull off the second magnet, stick it to where the glue marked, again it may hang off the edge but that’s okay. Close the clutch and the magnets will pull toward each other. Leave closed and let dry upside down.
7. Double up the Magnets.
8. & 9. Glue the perfume lid hanging off one side, be careful not to let any glue get onto the other side and close. Let dry upside down. Prop up if needed, (I used the perfume bottle and a shoe lol).
Let entire clutch dry for 24 hours before using or handling… Done!!! Tweet me photos!!
2. Glue the perfume lid to the middle of the top of the clear box.
3. Adhere the crystal embellishment or a label of your choice to the center of the clutch.
Done!!! Check out my IG video of this DIY here.
Hope you enjoyed these DIY’s, don’t forget to pin it!!!
Happy Labor Day weekend!!!!!!!