6 Ways to Celebrate The Full Moon:
I’ve always been a woo-woo type of girl. My grandmother used to be a phone psychic and would do tarot card readings for us. My sister and I would have goddess parties with her where we’d dress up in her clothes and pretend to be different goddesses. We always had crystals in my home and we’ve always been really into how nature affects our lives. So, I wanted to share how to celebrate a full moon to benefit your life.
Whether you’re “into” this woo-woo stuff or super religious, you can’t argue that the moon DOES affect the earth and every living thing on it, including us. There are times when nothing goes right, and times when everything is seamless. I believe this is partly influenced by the moon but even more so on how we interpret changes and self reflect. The full moon is a great time to purge, cleanse, and detoxify. (Including within our homes!) Specifically, tonight’s Pink Super Moon (the biggest supermoon of 2020!). This is a time for us to release the karma of many lifetimes. It’s time to move forward into the new you and let go of the negativity you’ve been carrying around for too long. This is exciting!!!
So, how do we celebrate?
Well, I’m SO glad you asked!
- Charge your crystals! Gather all your crystals. All of them. The jewelry, the book ends, the paperweights, candleholders, etc. If you have crystals in your home, they do emit energy and they can become clogged with negativity. The best way to cleanse them is to leave them in the full moonlight overnight. They will then be able to charge your life and space for weeks or months with the energy of the full moon, and this is a good one. If you have crystal jewelry, you’ll literally be wearing good vibes!
- Make moon water! This is similar to how you cleanse your crystals. Put purified drinking water in a clear GLASS (not plastic for the love of god) container. (I like one of these, you can pick it up at target or even the dollar store, just clean it really well.) Next, charge the water with positive vibes. You can visualize a goal you have or the future you want. Then, leave it in the full moon overnight. I like to surround my water with my crystals. The moon, along with your intentions charges the water so as you drink it throughout the month you’ll be infused with cleansing energy, good vibes, and a renewed vigor toward your goals. Don’t worry if it’s cloudy or raining outside, or you only have a windowsill to use which doesn’t really get direct moonlight it will still work, just not quite as well. But don’t let that stop you! I make as much as I can and add it to tea, bathwater, water my plants, and of course drink it daily!
- Purge the negative. Take some time to write down things that are bothering you. Just list them with no emotion. All the negative things you want to let go of. If there are bad vibes at work that you want to shift, write them. An awkward thing you said or did that still bothers you, write it down. Title your list “Things I won’t carry into the new moon.” Once you’re done, burn it. (If you live somewhere you can’t burn anything then just roll it up and bind it with string (or hair ties lol) and put it in your freezer until the new moon April 22nd, (earth day!) then throw it in the trash!
- Write yourself a letter. Since you may feel a little icky after writing all the negative in the last step, make sure to shift your energy. If you journal often, make a special entry to reflect on how far you’ve come, some of your accomplishments, and your goals for the future. If you don’t journal, take some time to write yourself this letter. Celebrating your successes is important for growth and to not get burnt out. Thank yourself for being self-reflective and one who strives for self-improvement. Make sure you’re 100% sober (ideally for at least 24 hours) for this. You really want to connect with your deeper self and be in tune with your goals and desires. Make sure you don’t suppress anything. As I said, this is a time for growth and change! Don’t be afraid of your dreams.
- Sage your home! You can do this any time but I think the effects are magnified on a full moon. Make sure to sage your electronics, the EMFs and how they bring in negativity can be really strong. Especially if you watch the news- SAGE THAT TV!!! I like to sage my whole house, but especially up in the corners where energy collects and all the windows and doors where energy enters.
- Go out and be in the moonlight! This one is kind of a no brainer, “how to celebrate the full moon” …look at it… duh. But, if you have an ocean, lake, river, hot tub, bathtub, or a pool, ANY body of water will help you connect with the energy of the moon better. We know of course the tides are affected by the moon so the connection is strong. However you can, I definitely recommend you bathe literally in the moonlight.
That’s it!! I try to do these rituals every full moon and I love how refreshed I feel after. With this especially strong moon, I can’t wait to feel the effects!
How do you celebrate the full moon? Any cool things I should add to this list?